From 2005 to 2010, IEM provided a comprehensive package of recruitment, admissions and student support services to a multi-campus, private university based in California seeking to increase its international student population.
Throughout 5 years of the partnership, IEM invested an estimated total of $4.5 million into various marketing and advertising campaigns to brand the partner university and to promote its programs in the US and overseas markets. This resulted in a significant increase in the number of applications and enrollments.
Through close collaboration between the university and the IEM team of professionals housed at the university’s campuses, a number of large scale projects were accomplished:
- Increased international student enrollment by over 500%
- Recruited and serviced over 2,500 international students at all campuses
- Developed a pre-master pathway program
- Re-structured English Language Program (ELP)
- Established a homestay and university residence programs
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive student orientation program
- Increased graduation rate from 74% to 91%
- Established a scholarship fund for international students
- Created over 100 on-campus jobs for international students
- Developed a support services program to include activities, clubs, sports teams and various workshops